The Village of Monticello, WI Welcomes You!
- 2019 ASSESSMENT REVALUATION Educational meeting will be held for the Village of Monticello on Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 6:30 pm at Village Hall, 140 N Main Street. The meeting will be presented by the Village Assessor, Gardiner Appraisal Service, LLC. There will be a presentation explaining the revaluation process followed by a question and answer session. If you have questions concerning this process contact Gardiner Appraisal Service, LLC at 608-943-8009.
- PART-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT POSITION OPENING: Click here for job posting. Click here for application. Click here for job description. Deadline: Friday, December 21, 2018.
- SNOW AND ICE REMOVAL. Removal From Sidewalks. The owner, occupant or person in charge of any parcel or lot which fronts upon or abuts any sidewalk shall keep said sidewalk clear of all snow and ice. In the event of snow accumulation on said sidewalk due to natural means and/or by any other means, said sidewalks shall be cleared of all accumulated snow and/or ice within twenty-four (24) hours from the time the snow ceases to accumulate on said sidewalk. Sidewalks are to be kept clear of snow and ice to a minimum of four (4) feet in width. In the event that ice has formed on any sidewalk in such a manner that it cannot be removed, the owner, occupant or person in charge of the parcel or lot which fronts upon or adjoins said sidewalk shall keep the sidewalk sprinkled with sand and/or salt to permit safe travel by pedestrians. It is unlawful for any person to deposit snow or ice upon any public property or upon any property of another, without the permission of the owner of occupant. The Village is not responsible or liable for damage to mailboxes.
- NEW SNOW REMOVAL ORDINANCE: NO PARKING on all streets after 1″ snow fall from 10 PM to 6 AM or until streets have been plowed and the snow has been removed to the curb line. N Main Street from E Lake Ave to E Coates Ave hours are 2:30 AM – 6 AM.
- FOCUS ON ENERGY is offering FREE refrigerator and freezer recycling and a $35 reward per appliance recycled (limit 2). To qualify for the program, your units must be in working condition and must be 10 – 30 cubic feet in size (mini fridges are ineligible). Schedule your FREE appliance pick up at Focusonenergy.com or at 1-800-354-1898