The Village of Monticello, WI Welcomes You!
- SPRING PRIMARY: Will be held Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at Village Hall from 7 am – 8pm. The only race on the ballot is State Superintendent of Public Instruction. Absentee voting begins Monday, February 6, 2017 and ends on Friday, February 17, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. For more information on voting click here.
- DOG LICENSES: Any dog, male or female, living in the State of Wisconsin that is five (5) months of age or older as of January 1st, or 5 months of age within the license year, shall annually, or on or before the date the dog becomes 5 months of age, pay the dog license tax and obtain a license. A license year commences on January 1st and ends December 31st. You may apply for a Dog License in the Clerk’s Department at the Village Hall. You may also mail the application and rabies information to Village of Monticello at P.O. Box 147, 140 N Main St., Monticello, WI 53570. FEES: Altered dog – $6.00 Non-Altered Dog – $11.00 To obtain a license for your dog: 1) Send payment of license (use a separate check from any other fees/utilities) for dog payment, payable to the Village of Monticello. 2) Send proof of rabies vaccination with license request. 3) Enclose a self addressed/stamped envelope with your payment. License and tag will be mailed to you.
- REMOVAL of SNOW & ICE From Sidewalks. The owner, occupant or person in charge of any parcel or lot which fronts upon or abuts any sidewalk shall keep said sidewalk clear of all snow and ice. In the event of snow accumulation on said sidewalk due to natural means and/or by any other means, said sidewalks shall be cleared of all accumulated snow and/or ice within twenty-four (24) hours from the time the snow ceases to accumulate on said sidewalk. Sidewalks are to be kept clear of snow and ice to a minimum of four (4) feet in width. In the event that ice has formed on any sidewalk in such a manner that it cannot be removed, the owner, occupant or person in charge of the parcel or lot which fronts upon or adjoins said sidewalk shall keep the sidewalk sprinkled with sand and/or salt to permit safe travel by pedestrian. Ord. Sec. 6-2-7
- WINTER PARKING RESTRICTIONS: N MAIN STREET (from E Lake Ave to E Coates Ave) has restricted parking from 2:00 a.m. – 6:00 a.m. through April 1st. Please use Village parking lot. (Per Ordinance #2016-0302A)
- **NEW** SUGAR RIVER TRANSIT: A new transportation service serving Belleville, New Glarus and Monticello. Click here for more information.
- PLANTING OF TREES & SHRUBS: Per Ordinance #SEC. 6-4-8 Except as planted by the Village, the planting of new trees and shrubs is prohibited in terrace areas.
- COMPREHENSIVE PLAN Click here to view the plan.