The Village of Monticello, WI Welcomes You!
- SUMP PUMPS: If you have a sump pump that runs water to the street, for safety reasons please turn it so it runs into your yard. Village has troubles keeping the ice accumulation off the street.
- Caucus will be held on Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. The Spring Election will have three Trustees and Village President up for election. Incumbents whose terms end in 2017 are: Village President LaVerne Crooks and Trustees Gregory Bettin, Rene Nicholson and Teresa Dunlap.
- Village Office will be CLOSED for the following Holidays: Friday & Monday, December 23 & 26, 2016 and Monday, January 2, 2017.
- REMOVAL of SNOW & ICE From Sidewalks. The owner, occupant or person in charge of any parcel or lot which fronts upon or abuts any sidewalk shall keep said sidewalk clear of all snow and ice. In the event of snow accumulation on said sidewalk due to natural means and/or by any other means, said sidewalks shall be cleared of all accumulated snow and/or ice within twenty-four (24) hours from the time the snow ceases to accumulate on said sidewalk. Sidewalks are to be kept clear of snow and ice to a minimum of four (4) feet in width. In the event that ice has formed on any sidewalk in such a manner that it cannot be removed, the owner, occupant or person in charge of the parcel or lot which fronts upon or adjoins said sidewalk shall keep the sidewalk sprinkled with sand and/or salt to permit safe travel by pedestrian. Ord. Sec. 6-2-7
- WINTER PARKING RESTRICTIONS: N MAIN STREET (from E Lake Ave to E Coates Ave) has restricted parking from 2:00 a.m. – 6:00 a.m. through April 1st. Please use Village parking lot. (Per Ordinance #2016-0302A)
- HIRING PART-TIME PUBLIC WORKS ASSISTANT: A valid Wisconsin Driver’s License with CDL endorsement required. Applications are due by December 9, 2016. Click here for job description. Click here for application.
- LIFEGUARD HIRING: Village of Monticello is hiring Full & Part-time lifeguards for the 2017 season. Applications are due by November 30, 2016. Click here for application. Click here for job description.
- REMINDER: Two (2) hour parking shall be permitted on Main Street from the entrance to the Village Parking Lot to Coates Ave. between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., except on Sundays and legal holidays.
- **NEW** SUGAR RIVER TRANSIT: A new transportation service serving Belleville, New Glarus and Monticello. Click here for more information.
- PLANTING OF TREES & SHRUBS: Per Ordinance #SEC. 6-4-8 Except as planted by the Village, the planting of new trees and shrubs is prohibited in terrace areas.
- COMPREHENSIVE PLAN Click here to view the plan.