The Village of Monticello, WI Welcomes You!
- FIRE HYDRANTS: Be courtious and remove the snow around the fire hydrants closes to your home.
- Ordinance 6-2-7 (2) Snow and Ice Not to Encroach. No person shall push, shove or in any way deposit any snow or ice onto any public streets, alley, sidewalk or public lands dedicated to public use except for parcels or lots located where existing buildings are constructed within five (5) feet of the street right- of-way and the sidewalks exist from the Village right-of-way to the curb line. In such instances, the owners, occupants and/or employees of parcels or lots shall be permitted to deposit snow and ice on their sidewalks onto the public streets.
- DOG LICENSES: 2017 dog licenses expire December 31, 2017. New licenses can be purchased at Village Hall. Fees: Altered- $6.00; Unaltered – $11.00. Click here for application. Copy of rabies vaccination required.
- SNOW & ICE REMOVAL: Excerpt of Village Ordinance Sec. 6-2-7 Removal From Sidewalks. The owner, occupant or person in charge of any parcel or lot which fronts upon or abuts any sidewalk shall keep said sidewalk clear of all snow and ice. In the event of snow accumulation on said sidewalk due to natural means and/or by any other means, said sidewalks shall be cleared of all accumulated snow and/or ice within twenty-four (24) hours from the time the snow ceases to accumulate on said sidewalk. Sidewalks are to be kept clear of snow and ice to a minimum of four (4) feet in width. In the event that ice has formed on any sidewalk in such a manner that it cannot be removed, the owner, occupant or person in charge of the parcel or lot which fronts upon or adjoins said sidewalk shall keep the sidewalk sprinkled with sand and/or salt to permit safe travel by pedestrians.
- EXCERPT OF VILLAGE ORDINANCE: SEC. 10-1-20 RESTRICTIONS ON PARKING; POSTED LIMITATIONS. Twenty Four (24) Hour Limitation. No person, firm or corporation shall park or leave standing any automobile, truck, tractor, trailer or vehicle of any description on any public street or public parking lot in the Village for a period of twenty-four (24) or more consecutive hours in the same location at any time, except that where more restrictive parking limits have been established t…he more restrictive limits shall apply. When any law enforcement officer shall find a vehicle standing upon a public street or parking lot in violation of the provisions of this Section, he/she is authorized to move such a vehicle or to require the operator in charge thereof to move such vehicle to a position permitted under this Chapter. The law enforcement officer may cause said vehicle to be removed to a proper impoundment and storage area within the Village where storage space is available and in such case the owner shall pay the costs of removing said vehicle and the storage fees on said vehicle before he/she may recover the possession thereof.
WINTER PARKING RESTRICTIONS: N MAIN STREET (from E Lake Ave to E Coates Ave) has restricted parking from 2:00 a.m. – 6:00 a.m. November 1st through April 1st. Please use Village parking lot. (Per Ordinance #2016-0302A)
- MONTESIAN PARK: Has been closed for the season. You may still walk the path but it will not be shoveled during winter months.
- FOCUS ON ENERGY is offering FREE refrigerator and freezer recycling and a $35 reward per appliance recycled (limit 2). To qualify for the program, your units must be in working condition and must be 10 – 30 cubic feet in size (mini fridges are ineligible). Schedule your FREE appliance pick up at Focusonenergy.com or at 1-800-354-1898