ATTENTION VILLAGE OF MONTICELLO RESIDENTS:
During the 2022 Construction Season, the Village has hired a contractor to rehabilitated sanitary sewer manholes on Summit Avenue, Greenview Avenue, Johnson Street, Terrace Court, Eisenhower Street, Eisenhower Court, Washington Street, W. Coates Avenue, E. Coates Avenue, E. Highland Avenue, Pratt Road, Urban Road, S. Main Street, S. Madison Street, S. Pierce Street, E. Park Avenue, and E. Wisconsin Street. The work generally includes manhole chimney rehabilitation, chemical grout injecting manhole structures, spray casting manhole structures, and street/yard restoration in order to reduce Inflow and Infiltration (I&I) into the sanitary sewer.
Residents within the Project limits are advised to remove all personal items such as rocks, landscaping, lighting, plaques, irrigation, and monuments from the street right-of-way or easement area. The Village will not be responsible for the replacement or restoration of ANY personal items within the street right-of-way. If you have any questions regarding where the right-of-way is located or what type or restoration is to be expected in front of your property, please contact the Village.
As a reminder, Residents can help prolong the lifespan and improve operation of the sanitary sewer system with the following actions:
- Do not flush animal waste or kitty litter. Animal waste should be disposed in the trash or composted.
- Do not dispose of food waste or grease in the toilet or in-sink garbage disposal. Food waste should be disposed in the trash or composted.
- Use phosphate free detergents.
- Do not flush chemicals, medicines, wipes, diapers, swabs, pads, or other products that belong in the trash can.
- Do not illegally discharge sump pumps to the sanitary sewer.
By performing the above actions, the Village will have less debris and also less wastewater to treat within the wastewater system which reduces basement backups, clogged pumps, equipment wear, and overall treatment costs.