Recycling Center Attendant
The Village of Monticello is seeking a part-time Recycling Center Attendant for the hours of 4pm to 7pm Wednesdays and 8am to Noon on Saturdays. The successful candidate must have the ability to work independently in all seasons of the year, occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. and often 20 lbs., operate a forklift, be able to sell refuse stickers, and answer questions about the recycling program.
See description below.
Click HERE for application OR pick one up at Village Hall between the hours of 11am and 5pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays.
Applications are due by 4pm on Friday June 10th at 238 N. Main Street, Monticello, WI 53570
Recycling Center Attendant – Job Description
Oversight: Street Superintendent – Public Works Committee
Position Classification: Site Attendant – Laborer
General Nature of Responsibilities:
- Oversees Recycling Center activities and monitors patron dumping of recyclables.
- Offers refuse stickers for purchase to patrons
- Maintains park restrooms during summer season
Skills, knowledge and Abilities:
- General knowledge regarding use, care and handling of recyclables
- General knowledge of cleaning and maintaining park restrooms
Examples of Job Duties:
- Monitors patrons dumping of recyclables.
- Assists patrons of placement of recyclables.
- Makes refuse stickers available for sale.
- Keeps recycling area neat and clean of debris.
- Keeps restrooms clean during the summer season.
Physical Demands of Position:
- Standing, Walking, climbing and stooping.
- Bending, twisting and reaching.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. and often 20 lbs.
- Dependable and consistent work habits.
Environmental / Working Conditions:
- Outdoors working environment.